Plants not looking too pretty in the Texas heat? Time to upgrade your pots? Or maybe you just need a new lounge chair to catch some rays. These shops have got you and your garden covered. From any sort of plant you could desire to classes on how to care for them, (and even Christmas trees when it ’tis the season), we’ve got the top five spots that will help make your outdoors great.
- Jacksons Home & Garden. This home and garden superstore has plants plus tons of accessories—think Big Green Egg grills, patio furniture, and pretty little things like wind chimes.
- Brumley Gardens. This year’s editor’s choice for the Best of Big D “Best Garden Shop,” this Northeast Dallas store is a one-stop-shop for garden.
- Calloway’s Nursery. With 17 locations in North Texas, there’s (probably) a location near you. Added bonus: they offer a weekly rotation of gardening clinics so you can improve your green thumb.
- North Haven Gardens. For the past four out of five years, this shop has won a Best of Big D Award, and we understand why. Stop by for full-service assistance on everything from planting your first garden and beyond. You may even glimpse Laura Bush shopping there.
- Ruibal’s Plants of Texas. We propose a new Sunday tradition: shop the Farmer’s Market, then stop by this shop next door for fresh herbs and flowers.