We’ve hung out Julie Stryker and Dawn Bergan, the duo behind Corley Design Associates, a time or two. And let me tell you: they’re fun. They’re stylish. They’re in-the-know. So much so that I wanted to ask them what they’re coveting/loving/dreaming of right now. And you know what? I did exactly that. Read on to find out where they sip margaritas, dine on pie, and find the perfect chair.
1. Arudin 2733 sofa: This sofa has hidden lumbar support. It’s so comfortable you won’t want to get off it. Can you say couch potato? Plus when you go see it at EC Dicken you get to meet David And Buzz. So nice. Hug them.
2. Whole Foods Market: Seriously, this is hands down my favorite store. Take away my favorite design shops, take away fashion, take away restaurants, but don’t mess with my Whole Foods!
3. Kelly Wearstler everything: I’m sorry. She rocks. First, there’s her incredible line of fabrics and wall coverings available through Lee Jofa. Secondly, we love her her sculptures and decorative objects available at Forty Five Ten. And finally for my personal obsession: her brilliant jewelry available at Five & Ten. Love her!
4. Vince clothing: Our stylist friend Juanita Mendoza, whose business is called Having a Fit, turned me on to Vince and I love it. I do wish, however, that Vince didn’t have such snarky looking models and I always want to say to them: “Cheer up ladies! Your clothes are awesome!”
5. de Gournay! de Gournay! de Gournay! Gorgeous hand painted wall covering and fabric so couture and bespoke that even Princess Kate has a dress made out of it. Want some? Call me!
6. Richard Bettinger photography available at David Sutherland showroom and Bettinger Studio: Richard photographs light in beautiful, abstract ways and can put his photography on just about anything: tables tops, counter tops, wallpaper, and of course prints of virtually any size with or without an acrylic coating.
8. Dallas Arboretum: I love a beautiful place where I can sit and relax while my kids run around and burn energy. It’s a wonderful place!
9. Emporium Pies: My three year one son once described me to his preschool teacher as: “She likes to shop for pie.” Bingo!
10. Embree antiques: They have a huge selection of cool antique chairs that look great in fresh fabrics, Louis XVI furniture, a ton of marble mantles, and an incredible green and black Jansen that I can’t wait to find a home for. Plus there’s always time for chatting with Marc and Alex: they are just an added bonus.
11. Meredith Pardue paintings at Laura Rathe Fine Art. We sold two of her large scale colorful paintings in one week. They look amazing in the homes.
12. Hillstone (a.k.a. Houston’s) Restaurant: Spinach dip, vodka with fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, French dip au jus with skinny fries, warm apple walnut cobbler a la mode. What a meal!
13. Sushi Sake in Richardson: I promise you it’s the best sushi in Dallas and well worth the trip up 75. I even heard natives from Japan say that they made a special stop in Dallas while visiting the US just to go there!
14. Gregorius Pineo Amsterdam recliner from Culp Associates: Hello happy husbands! Finally a recliner I can really get on board with! Happy husbands= happy wives= happy me!
15. Cameron Collection Library Lounge Chair: How is it that this chair ALWAYS works? Everyone, and I mean everyone, loves it. It always fits any decor, any body. Even when I intentionally try not to use it, we end up using it. And who doesn’t love a little George Nash glamour!
16. Toasted coconut margarita’s at Blue Mesa: Coconut infused agave nectar, Partida Plata Tequila with a touch of cinnamon and toasted coconut on the rim – smooth perfection.