Cynthia Collins, interior designer and co-owner of home furniture and accessories shop Blue Print, is joining us today as our Tuesday Tastemaker. We featured her picture-perfect home in the July/August 2012 issue of D Home (you can see it here) and we’re excited to check back in with Cynthia to see what is inspiring her right now. Three words: Paris, Tex-Mex, and modern furnishings. She’s our kind of gal. Jump to see her list.
1. Porter Teleo wallcoverings: They are wowzie! Hand-printed wallpapers in custom colorways — it’s literally art on the walls.
2. Chantecaille face cream: It’s divine. If you are looking for a treat – treat yourself. I highly recommend.
3. The tomatillo enchiladas at Mr. Mesero: It’s my go-to for a fun atmosphere and my favorite margarita in town — just one though.
4. Chairs by Judith Miller: It’s a perfect dictionary of chairs of every era. My staff and I reference it quite a bit — plus, it looks cute on my coffee table too.
5. New artists at Blue Print: I’m really thrilled about the new talented artists at BP this Summer. Every time I walk into the shop, there is a new shipment of new canvases from around the country. They are out of this world.
6. Pilates Barre classes with Kathleen: It is a crazy good workout. I feel like I’m really accomplishing something when it’s all over with.
7. Chinese Export: I’ll never tire of it. I started collecting it at an early age and I still get excited about a new find.
8. The Eames Lounge Chair in white leather : It’s a modern classic. Charles and Ray were so forward thinking for their time.
9. Marchés aux Puces in Paris: I look forward to my Paris buying trips. Nothing gives me a bigger thrill than the Paris fleas.
10. Biking at White Rock Lake: Just me and my bike… paired with some classic rock tunes, of course. that is my idea of a perfect Saturday morning.