We have been fans of artist Megan Adams Brooks’ work for quite some time. (We even featured her nuptials in D Weddings in 2011.) The painter and textile designer makes canvas and silk art pieces, pillows, fabric, dinnerware, and wallpaper. Just when we thought this Dallas native has done it all, we find out she can make a mean skinny margarita. Yes, she’s our kind of gal. (Read on for her recipe.) If you dig her work, you can find her fabrics by the yard in the new Laura Lee Clark showroom and her paintings and pillows at Blue Print. She just filled us in that she’ll have a handful of new framed silk prints in Blue Print by the end of the week (yay!). You can also shop online here.
When Megan’s not designing, painting, and making, what is she up to? We asked her for a list of things that make her tick. Read on for the list of finds. And no, we won’t judge if you’re only reading on for the aforementioned margarita recipe.
1. Coco Chanel perfume: It’s my all time fave. I’ve worn it for years. It’s my scent.
2. My homemade skinny margs: The recipe is tequila, water, fresh squeezed lime juice, and a few drops of stevia. That’s it! It’s my drink of choice.
3. Spicy grilled okra at Shinsei: My favorite date night restaurant. The okra dish is seasonal — don’t miss it! (Pictured is surf and turf tataki. Photo by Kevin Marple)
4. The Beats “Pill” speaker: I love bringing it into my studio and listening to tunes.
6. “The Abstract Show” at Artspace 111 in Fort Worth, will be on display until August 3rd with some of my favorite artists, Carly Allen Martin and Matt Clark. (Pictured is one of Megan’s favorite paintings by Carly Allen Martin.)
7. Mottahedeh china: I just used it for a dinner party with friends and fell in love with it all over again.
8. Hot Coral Revlon lipstick: It’s my go-to this summer. I even have 2 tubes — one in my purse and one in my vanity!