D Home intern Monica Lake is hitting up her favorite local home/gift/accessories stores with her shiny new Canon 6D (a recent college graduation gift) in tow. She’ll shop the store, snap some pictures, and report her five favorite things. Stay tuned each Friday for her picks. For her first post in the series, she shops Stanley Korshak for Father’s Day gifts that he will love as much as you do. (It is possible.)
By Monica Lake
Father’s Day is right around the corner (ahem, June 16), and I think we’ve all overdone the stereotypical gifts. Go return the tie and cologne. It’s time to shop outside of the box and get him something he’ll really appreciate, and I’m not talking about the ugly antler lamp you have to hide when guests come over. This year, get him something that you’ll secretly love too. We’re all about the win/win.
In hopes of finding a gift that meets everyone’s stylish criteria, I stopped by the gifts and home section of Stanley Korshak for some high-end tokens of appreciation for your guy. Jump for the details.
1. The first thing that caught my eye was the Vagabond House Silver Steer Champagne Bucket ($585). Antlers are so in right now, and the two steer heads help to man-up the gorgeous bucket.
2. I spotted the swanky Coleman Leather Cooler ($995) The leather will win him over and any guests you have over for a backyard barbecue this summer.
3. Now, normally you would never buy a man a candlestick for any reason, but these Vagabond House Silver and Horn Candlesticks ($185) may change your mind. The authentic horn center portion along with the silver provides equal doses of luxury and masculinity.
4. Something that is sure to make everyone happy is the Vagabond House Short Cowboy Boot Decanter ($165). The boot stopper gives it a rugged touch, and the glass and pewter accents will ensure that it fits in with the other glassware in the house.
5. A gift that is sure to please dad is The Beatles: On the Road Coffee Table Book ($69.99), because, who doesn’t love The Beatles? And you can always use a new coffee table book. Always.