We spend an inordinate amount of time around here pondering wallpaper and window coverings, paint and the placement of decorative accessories, but today it seems, well, essential to spend some time being grateful for our homes and all the comfort and joy and shelter that they provide us.
To our friends in Oklahoma whose homes are no longer standing, we send you our love and prayers.
For those of you that want to provide aid, here’s a list of ways to help via Oklahoma-native Sarah James:
- – Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to the disaster relief fund.
- – If you prefer to donate to the Red Cross online, click here.
- – Text FOOD to 32333 (the OK Food Bank) to give $10 to help with relief efforts via News 9.
- – The Salvation Army
- – Feed The Children Disaster Relief
- – Oklahoma Baptist Disaster Relief
- – Disaster Relief of Oklahoma
- – World Vision
- – If you are looking for a family member, please visit Safe & Well.
- – Google Crisis Map
- – The Penn South Pet Clinic is collecting displaced animals.
- – Annie’s Ruff House in Norman, OK is taking any dogs displaced by the tornadoes in Moore.