We haven’t posted a “Thursday Tastemaker” in what feels like eons… We could blame the long, hot summer or the fact that we’ve been distracted by pretty candles and marble bowls and travel books, but either way, it’s high time for another one, yes?
And, really, who better to ring in the resurrection of our series than PR superstar Suzanne Droese. She spends her days seamlessly juggling the various activities of her teenage twin boys, Will and Henry, with masterminding public relations strategies for a roster of (incredibly chic) luxury and lifestyle clients. Oh, and in her free time (?!), she can be found chairing some of the most significant charity events in Dallas (think Cattle Baron’s Ball, The Art Ball benefiting the Dallas Museum of Art, TWO x TWO for AIDS and Art, and the Stiletto Strut).
Whew… Clearly the woman is no slouch.
Suzanne counts her family and dear friends as her absolute favorite things, but, when pressed, she was willing to share what else she’s loving of late.
Herewith a peek into what’s rocking Suzanne’s world.
(Image of Suzanne by Steve Wrubel.)
- (1) Photography by Laura Wilson (5) and Alison V. Smith – Two strong, talented Texas women – enough said.
- (2) The Coral Casino Beach Club – I love this glamorous little throw-back of a spot in Santa Barbara. It was built in the 1930s, and has seen the likes of Hollywood royalty ever since – even a performance by swimming sensation Esther Williams in the 50s. It’s still super chic!
- (3) The Waylande Gregory collection at Forty Five Ten – The bright colors and bold patterns make me smile! I’m currently coveting just about every single piece in the store.
- (4) The Cooper-Hewitt in NYC – It’s our country’s National Design Museum – and visit there always on the top of my “to do” list. Not only is it the only museum in the United States devoted solely to historic and contemporary design, it’s housed in the former residence of Andrew Carnegie. (Renovations will be complete in 2014.)
- (6) MyDrap – This is the one invention I wish I had thought of first. Simply brilliant.
- (7) Herve Van der Straeten — From his furniture and lighting to his jewelry designs, I continue to be smitten.
- (8) Manolo Blahnik heels — Yes, I know there are many, many other stylish, pretty and sexy kicks around – and I love them all, too – but Blahnik’s pitch is perfect. I can run all day and into the night in his stilettos. And as everyone knows, pr people are always running!
- (9) The Lungarno Hotel in Florence – Amidst all the gorgeous Renaissance architecture and opulent art of Italy, the Lungarno provides a welcome respite when you need a little break from all things gilded. It’s part of the Ferragamo Group, so you know it’s packed with a quiet contemporary style. And, it has the best gift shop ever.
- (10) Boxes! — I’ll even admit that this is a bit of an obsession. Not sure if it’s because I crave organization or simply adore all the shapes and materials – which range from lacquered to inlaid horn to jeweled (like the box above by Kimberly McDonald via Forty Five Ten) to ceramics made by my children. Whether you’re in my home or office, you’ll find an array of boxes holding all my favorite treasures (and a few secrets!).
- (11) My B&R Italia Charles Sofa — It’s sleek and stylish – and there’s nothing better than the whole family piled in one place, all together. It’s rare, but when it happens it’s the best feeling ever.