Here are just a few of the skills I long to possess: the ability to speak French flawlessly, the ability to sing without scaring every cat in the neighborhood, the ability to successfully wear florals with leopard print… (I aim high friends.)
So when Wisteria marketing manager Alice Moore showed up for our lunch date a few weeks ago sporting a pair of lean floral pants from Zara and some wicked leopard print heels, I was transfixed. She looked fantastic. Effortless. I, on the other hand, have tried a strikingly similar combination only to have my husband and both daughters (even the “fashion forward” younger one) tell me in no uncertain terms that I “looked really, really crazy”.
In between silently obsessing about Alice’s pattern chutzpa and wolfing down my brie and candied pecan panini (clearly I am not on the “lean pants” program), I did manage to talk a little design with her. And, no surprise, the lady boasts some pretty fantastic taste.
So I thought it only fair to share her goodness with you guys, yes? Without further ado, herewith some of the über stylish Alice’s favorite things…
- 1. Gray Malin Photography – I bought my Prada Marfa photograph from this truly talented photographer who is actually from Dallas, but now resides in California, which by the way is my plan Dallas to California…
- 2. Jawbone Jambox – The best gadget since the portable DVD player! A portable Bluetooth speaker and speakerphone. Download Pandora onto your phone and listen to all of your tunes on your Jambox! The diminutive size makes this gadget able to go anywhere!
- 3. Wisteria glass and acrylic table – I LOVE this table! It is absolutely one of my favorite Wistieria items. It is so versatile…I love it most surrounded by slipcovered furniture to add a touch of glam.
- 4. Herringbone wood floors – I had the pleasure of working with Nate Berkus last summer and I was telling him about my obsession with herringbone wood floors (like the ones pictured above from Mires Paris). I was so excited to know that he too, has the same obsession! He even gave me his secret source, and now I’m going to share it with you. Shhh…
- 5. Serge Mouille 3 Arm Ceiling Lamp – DYING for this to be hanging above my bed!!! (Seen above in Jenna Lyons’ bedroom via Domino.)
- 6. Quadrille fabric and wallpaper – We recently bought a 1930’s bungalow that was designed by Fooshee and Cheek, the same architects who designed Highland Park Village. My first project will be to wallpaper my daughter’s room with Quadrille wall coverings and matching flat roman shades. So excited! I love all of the patterns and am having a hard time choosing which one to use. (Tory Burch image via Vogue.)
- 7. Awnings and Ivy – Seriously…nothing looks better to me than white brick or stucco covered with ivy…and then add a striped awning for that old school California feel! (Image above by Amy Neunsinger for House Beautiful.)
- 8. Hermes blanket – This is one of those items that is on my bucket list of things I must buy before I die!
- 9. Lanvin – Anyone who knows me, knows that I spend my money on shoes and handbags, therefore, I have to put a little shoe porn in here! Enjoy!